Sustainable Gabriola’s main ongoing activity is our monthly meetings. If you’re interested in learning about sustainability issues from a Gabriola perspective, please join us! Bring your ideas, find out what’s going on in the community, and invite others to join you in taking action.
We usually meet the fourth Sunday of each month (except July, August, December). All are welcome at the meetings. To be notified of upcoming meetings, sign up for our monthly email reminder. (You can unsubscribe at any time.)
Sunday June 27, 3-4:30pm
These meetings are informal, respectful, and open to all. We have a rotating facilitator and note-taker. To bring something up for discussion, simply send it to the facilitator ahead of time (firstname.lastname@example.org), or add it to the agenda at the start of the meeting.
Typical agenda items include:
- sharing info about initiatives just starting or underway;
- new ideas;
- community conversations;
- whatever else you believe fits into the broader conversation about sustainability on Gabriola Island.
Many of our past or ongoing activities and spin-offs are on the Initiatives page. For background, our meeting notes (PDF) are linked below:
2021 meeting notes
2020 meeting notes
- January 2020,
- February 2020, +Appendix 1-LTC motion re cell towers and antennae, +Appendix 2-RDN increases, +Appendix 3-Agricultural co-op,
- April 2020,
- May 2020,
- June 2020, +Appendix 1-Update-Ferry Hill Pedestrian and Bicycle Path + Appendix 2-Draft Ferry Bike-Car Pamphlet
- September 2020, +Appendix 1-Beyond Recovery Paper version, +Appendix 2- Beyond Recovery Report Outline
- October 2020
- November 2020.
2019 meeting notes
- January 2019 + Appendices from Jan 27, 2019 SG Meeting + Appendix 2 from Jan 27, 2019 SG Meeting + Appendix 3 from Jan 27, 2019 SG Meeting
- February 2019 + Appendix 1 from February 2019 Meeting + Appendix 2 from February 2019 Meeting
- April 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019 + Appendix 1-Gabriola Community Land Trust-Purpose and Objectives + Appendix 2-Gabriola Community Land Trust-Bylaws
- August 2019 + Appendix 1 – Rainwater Policy Consultation Draft
- October 2019
- November 2019
2018 meeting notes